Appalachian State University Employment Resources
- AppState Careers - Open staff and temporary positions at Appalachian State University.
- Career Development Center
- Career Exploration Office
- Career Gear
- Odd Jobs - A great way to find babysitters or help around the house.
- Faculty Positions - Open faculty positions at Appalachian State University.
- Student Employment
Local Employment Resources
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC of the Carolinas)
- NCWorks Career Center, 130 Poplar Grove Connector, Boone, NC 28607, 828-265-5385, for local job searches, resume and cover letter assistance, NC Veteran Services, labor market analysis and more.
- Watauga Democrat Classified Section
Other Employment Resources
- NC State Government
- University of North Carolina System Wide Employment
- North Carolina State Agencies Employment
- Center for Academic Excellence - Teaching and Learning Resource for faculty, staff and students.
- Human Resources' Professional Development Program - Coordinator, Emily Wilson, email@example.com, 828-262-6486.
Home Buying Search
- Appalachian Marketplace - Contains any current properties for rent or sale by ASU Employees and discounts provided by local relocation-related businesses.
- High Country Association of Realtors - They have a home search feature.
- Realtors in Boone Listing
- Watauga Democrat Classifieds - Homes For Sale
- Apartments for Rent
- Appalachian Marketplace - employee-owned properties for rent
- High Country Association of Realtors - They provide a comprehensive, current rental firm list where rental properties are separated into the categories of non-student, student and vacation rentals.
- Hotels and Short-Term Lodging Listing
- Short-Term Rental Listing
- Watauga Democrat Classifieds - Homes For Rent
- Appalachian Marketplace - offering a digital Buy/Sell/Trade program and an Employee Discount program
Miscellaneous Programs and Services
- Notary Public Services - Notary Public services are available for University-related forms in the Office of Human Resources. Please call Stacy Clarke at 828-262-7872, Kathy Hamby at 828-262-6485, or Angie Miller at 828-262-6769 for an appointment.
Articles, Books, and Associations
- The A to Z of Dual-Career Couples (The Chronicle of Higher Education, December 7, 2012)
- Dual-Career Academics: The Right Start (Inside Higher Ed, July 27, 2012)
- Extreme Child-Care Maneuvers (The Wall Street Journal, May 20, 2009)
- Getting to 50/50: How Working Couples Can Have It All by Sharing It All
Sharon Meers and Joanna Strober
New York: Bantam Bell, 2009.
- Back on the Career Track: A Guide for Stay-at-Home Moms Who Want to Return to Work
Carol Fishman Cohen and Vivian Steir Rabin
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2008.
- Being Together, Working Apart: Dual Career Families and the Work-Life Balance
Barbara Schneider and Linda J. Waite, eds.
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- International Higher Education Dual Career Association