The Office of Relocation and Dual Career Assistance supports the mission of Appalachian State University by assisting in the recruitment and retention of highly qualified and productive faculty and staff members. Dynamic and engaged employees serve as role models to and join with our students to form rich relationships, make local to global connections, embrace diversity and difference, serve our local community, and help to create a sustainable future for all.
The Office of Relocation and Dual Career Assistance aspires to make moving to the High Country an easy and exciting adventure. Once you are here, it is our hope that you will fall in love with this area and stay.
- Empathy: We have transitioned to the University and moved here, too. We remember being right where you are.
- Relationships: We look forward to getting to know you and finding out the value you bring to our community.
- Respect: We value all individuals and the many different perspectives that enrich our community.
- Inclusiveness: We welcome, respect, and celebrate our similarities and differences in culture, thought and actions.
- Integrity: We strive to do what we say we will do and adhere to the highest moral and ethical principles.
- Kindness: We live and work together within a small community. We demonstrate kindness in big and small ways by listening, respecting, encouraging and helping others.
The purpose of the Office of Relocation and Dual Career Assistance is to support new and prospective faculty and staff and their families in relocating to the local community. This is accomplished through working with, assessing and understanding the priorities and needs regarding relocation and assisting in connecting our new employees with the appropriate contacts and services on campus and in the community.
Appalachian State University is a destination institution and our gorgeous mountain surroundings only enhance our great University. However, the opportunities of the High Country might at first seem limited. Fear not! This area has a multitude of advantages and a great amount of diversity in which to choose from to live and work. The key is getting connected to the right resources and services and we are here to help you do just that.
The goals of the Office of Relocation and Dual Career Assistance are:
- Support the transition of new faculty and staff and their dual career partners in relocating to the local community.
- Encourage prospective and new faculty, staff and their families by listening to them and referring them to the help they need in acclimating to the area.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of highly qualified and productive faculty and staff members.
- Foster a positive link between campus and community.
- Build and nurture effective, collaborative working relationships within the local housing market, employer community, career services and other service providers.